You’ve been waiting for a long time for this year’s vacation, and you can’t wait to leave. However, there can always be an unexpected and especially unpleasant event that can ruin your vacation. The travel insurance helps you enjoy your vacation, even if something unpleasant happens! And Pago helps you to buy quick and easy a travel insurance, to have it on hand whenever you might need it.
The policies bought in Pago are issued by the insurers through the broker Renomia-SRBA Insurance Broker SRL, an entity authorized by the Financial Supervisory Authority (Autoritatea de Supraveghere Financiară) and registered in the Register of Brokers.
Curious how easy it is to buy travel insurance in Pago? Keep on reading.
Why choose Pago for travel insurance?
- you can buy as many insurance policies as needed, with no additional fees, even if you’re using the free version of the app
- you can easily compare the prices from all insurers depending on the amount covered (5.000€, 10.000€, 30.000€ or 50.000€). You can also read and compare what is included in each policy, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. See the full terms directly in the app before buying the insurance policy.
- if you are traveling with your family or friends, you can purchase all the policies with only one confirmation, without having to repeat the process for each person
- add the personal information of the people you travel with only once. The details will be saved, so the next time you will only select the names of the people you want to buy the insurance for.
- your insurance covers all the transit countries, not just the final destination of your trip
What kind of travel insurance can I buy?
You can buy insurance that will cover:
- medical expenses related to illness (including COVID-19 infection or dental emergencies) or accidents. The standard insurance policy covers medical emergencies expenses (usually surgical, pharmaceutical, and hospitalization) and transportation back to Romania in case of illness or a more serious event.
- loss of luggage or documents
- flight or luggage delay
- repatriation in case of illness or accident, or in case of losing your identity card or passport
- any events that can happen while practicing winter sports, studying, or working abroad. For the latter, you can select the dedicated category in the app
It is important to know that many insurers decided to eliminate age restrictions for the classic insurance policies, which serve as protection in case of a single trip so that the whole family is protected in case of an unfortunate event.
How can I buy travel insurance?
Step 1 → Go to the Insurance section in Pago and choose Travel insurance. Choose the destination, the purpose of the trip (tourism, business, professional driver, study, or work abroad), and the period of your journey. Next, fill in the personal details for all the insured persons (you can insure your whole family or an entire group with one confirmation).
Step 2 → Confirm that you’ve read the broker’s information note (Renomia-SRBA Insurance Broker SRL) by pressing Continue
Step 3 → See the offers for each covered amount and choose the one suited for you
Step 4 → Read and accept the Terms and conditions by pressing Accept and continue
Step 5 → Pay
Step 6 → Congratulations! You bought a travel insurance policy in just a few seconds. And you have access to the policy in the History section whenever you need it.
When do I receive the insurance policy?
Immediately after payment. It only takes a few seconds between the payment and receiving the policy on the email. If you didn’t receive the email, you can contact us on Live chat in the app, and we will sort it out.
I’ve made a mistake when filling in the data. Can I change it?
If you want to change the information that shows up on the insurance policy, or you have any other questions, contact us on Live chat in the app.
One more thing:
- In Romania, this type of insurance is regulated by the Financial Supervisory Authority (Autoritatea de Supraveghere Financiară), and the reference law is Law nr. 136/1995.
- The policies bought in Pago are issued by the insurers through the broker Renomia-SRBA Insurance Broker SRL, an entity authorized by the Financial Supervisory Authority (Autoritatea de Supraveghere Financiară) and registered in the Register of Brokers.