How many times did you have to split your bill at the restaurant, or was it a coworker’s birthday and raising money proved to be a headache? How many times did you have to go to the bank to deposit money into an account? How many days have you waited to receive money from someone who had a bank account with another bank? If your answer to all of these questions is many times, read on and find out how Pago helps you solve all these problems in just a few seconds!
With Pago you can transfer money in real-time, anytime, to any card issued by banks in Romania or Revolut, with just a phone number.
Why choose Pago for money transfers?
- you can transfer money in real-time between any two cards, regardless of the issuing bank in Romania or Revolut, using only the telephone numbers of the recipients. The money reaches the recipient in seconds, regardless of the time or day, including weekends or public holidays.
- you can transfer money between your cards in real-time, at any time, including weekends or public holidays, even if the issuing banks are different. No POs, IBANs or other banking platforms.
- you can request to receive money, and the recipient of your request will receive a payment notification or an SMS with a payment link, if he does not already have a Pago account.
- you earn Pago points on each transfer. Use them to pay part or all of your bills, top-ups, or other payments.
- if you have an active Pago subscription you have already included free transfers with any card: 1 free transfer per month to the Premium subscription and 3 free transfers per month to the Unlimited subscription.
If you have already used the free transfers included in your subscription, the fee is only 0.99 lei per transfer, regardless of the amount to be transferred, or you can choose one of the 3 monthly packages (found in Settings) and you have several transfers included:
- Bronze: 3 transfers with 2.59 lei/month
- Silver: 5 transfers with 3.99 lei/month
- Gold: 8 transfers with 5.99 lei/month
How do I transfer money with Pago?
Step 1 → Go to the Other Payments section in Pago and select Money Transfer. Activate the money transfer first, as we explained below.
Step 2 → If you have in your phonebook the number of the person you want to send or receive money from, search for the contact in the search bar above. Choose the contact and choose what you want to do: send or request.
You can also choose between Transfer to a phone number (if you don’t have the number in your phonebook) or Transfer between my cards (if you want to transfer between your 2 cards, which you previously entered in the activation step).
Step 3 → Fill in the amount of money you want to send or request. You can also write a message to the recipient.
Step 4 → Confirm Money Transfer
Step 5 → You will receive a notification confirming that your money has been sent or received. Congratulations! You sent/received money in just a few seconds through Pago. All your transfers will appear in your History, whether you sent or received money.
How do I activate the money transfers in Pago?
Step 1 → Go to the Other Payments section in Pago and select Money Transfer.
Step 2 → Enable the money transfer feature by adding your card(s) and a phone number.
Step 3 → You will receive an SMS with an activation code which you must enter back into the app.
Step 4 → Optionally, you can confirm the access to the contact list to send/request money more easily.
Step 5 → Congratulations! You have activated the money transfer. Activation is done only once for your account.
- You have a limit of 4,000 lei/month for sending receiving money on a card. This is a limit from the financial institutions.
- You have all the transfers that need confirmation from you or others in the Pending section of the Transfer Money screen. You can also see the status (approved or pending) of the payments and the amount of transfers already made on the right side of the screen, on the main Payment History screen.
- If you use a Visa card you have free transfers until March 30, 2022.